ABC21 WPTA covered Todd Young’s remarks about the Biden Administration relocating illegal immigrants to states across the country without notice:
- Republican U.S. Senator Todd Young, from Indiana, says we are seeing a big increase in the number of children crossing over into the United States without a parent and then being re-directed to the Hoosier state.
- Young is one of the biggest critics on Capitol Hill of the Biden administration regarding the issue, calling it Biden’s “radical open borders agenda.”
- But Young is also intent on slowing the incidence of young people coming across the border, eventually landing in cities across the U.S.
- He claims in one case 19 young migrants were sent to Iowa and then were put on buses for travel to other communities, specifically citing Fort Wayne as a destination where they met up with guardians.
- Young knows President Biden and Vice-President Kamala Harris have warned people not to cross into the U.S. illegally, but he says there’s been no border enforcement, suggesting the president is effectively turning a blind eye to the problem.
- “This is a humanitarian crisis and the vice-president and the president, they need to get on their game, they need to secure that southern border. It’s a national security threat as well. I won’t let up on this and Hoosiers don’t want me to let up on this important issue,” Senator Young said.
- Young claims there has been a 45 percent surge in children that entered the country unaccompanied by an adult re-locating to Indiana.
- Young served on the border in the 1990’s when he was a U.S. Marine Corps intelligence officer.